THE COMPANIES ACT, 2009
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
PART II–CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION
2. Establishment of Corporate Affairs Commission.
3. Membership of Commission.
4. Tenure of office of members of Commission.
5. Remuneration and allowances.
6. Meetings of Commission.
7. Disclosure of interest.
8. Functions of Commission.
9. Appointment of Registrar.
10. Appointment of staff.
11. Right to appear in court.
12. Funds of Commission.
13. Accounts and audit.
14. Annual report.
PART III–INCORPORATION OF COMPANIES AND INCIDENTAL MATTERS
Formation of a companies
15. Right to form company.
16. Partnership, etc of more than 20 members to be incorporated.
Supplement to the Sierra Leone Gazette Vol. CXL, No. 36
dated 13th August, 2009
17. Capacity of individuals to form companies.
18. Types of companies.
19. Private companies.
20. Public companies.
21. Unlimited company to have share capital.
22. Company limited by guarantee.
Memorandum of association
23. Requirements with respect to memorandum of company.
24. Form of memorandum.
25. Name as stated in memorandum.
26. Exemption from requirement of using “Limited” as part of name.
27. Provision applicable to company exempted under section 26.
28. Prohibited and restricted names.
29. Penalty for improper use of “Limited”.
30. Change of names of companies.
31 Articles for regulating companies.
32. Documents of incorporation.
33. Registration of memorandum and articles.
34. Effect of registration.
Capacity and powers of a company
35. Powers of companies.
36. Effect of ultra vires act.
Effect of memorandum and articles
37. Effect of memorandum and articles.
38. Member’s right to copies of memorandum.
39. Copies of memorandum issued to embody alterations.
Alteration of memorandum and articles
40. Restriction on alteration of memorandum.
41. Alteration of memorandum.
42. Mode of alteration of business or objects.
43. Alteration of articles.
44. Effect of alteration of company’s members.